Make an easy sweet treat from healthy almonds! Cover raw almonds with egg white, coat with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of salt then bake.
From kitchen to table in 25 minutes.
2 cups raw almonds
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Add almonds and stir well to completely coat.
- In a different bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- One tablespoons at a time, pour sugar mixture over egg white covered almonds, mixing as you pour.
- When almonds are evenly coated, transfer to baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until toasted. Remove parchment paper from baking sheet to cool.