Change the Serving Size
6 ounces onion
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
12 ounces canned chicken (reserve broth)
1/4 cup chicken broth (reserved from chicken)
6 ounces pasta
16 leaves baby spinach
16 leaves watercress
12 sprigs fresh cilantro
1/4 cup milk
From kitchen to table in
- Dice onion and place in skillet along with olive oil. Brown over medium heat.
- As onion cooks, mince garlic and add to skillet. Stir and continue cooking over medium heat.
- Crush almonds and add to skillet.
- Drain chicken and reserve the broth. Add chicken to skillet.
Measure broth and stir in with chicken. Continue cooking over medium heat, stir often.
- Fill a large saucepan with water for pasta and heat on high until boiling.
- Finely chop spinach, watercress and cilantro and set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water in saucepan and cook for 8 minutes allowing water to remain at a boil.
(If the pan begins to boil over, turn heat down slightly.)
- After pasta has returned to boiling, stir greens into skillet. Add milk, stir and reduce heat to low.
- When pasta is tender, drain and rinse. Pour topping over pasta and serve.