Directory of Dessert Recipes
1 boxed brownie mix (makes 16 brownies)
1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
non-stick cooking spray
canned chocolate frosting (optional)
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Empty boxed brownie mix into a mixing bowl.
- Drain and rinse canned beans. Place beans and water into a blender or food processor and puree.
- Add bean puree to brownie mix and blend well. Stir in walnuts and pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool, frost if desired, cut into squares and serve.