Change the Serving Size
4 corn tortilla
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces red onion
4 ounces green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 dash cumin
1 cup salsa
1 15 1/2 ounce can canned black beans
8 ounces cubed cooked beef
4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
From kitchen to table in
- Slice tortilla into 6 wedges.
- Heat oil in a skillet until very hot.
- Cook tortilla strips in hot oil until lightly browned.
Drain on a paper towel.
- Turn off heat under skillet but save oil.
- Dice onion and green pepper and garlic. Sauté in skillet
over medium heat until slightly soft.
- Add red pepper flakes, cumin and salsa. Stir to mix.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to skillet. Add cubed beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an oven-proof dish with crispy tortilla strips. Top
with bean mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top and place in oven.
- Bake until cheese melts. About 15 minutes.