Directory of Dessert Recipes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tart apples
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cloves
From kitchen to table in
- Fill a large bowl 2/3 capacity with cold
water. Add lemon juice.
- Peel and core apples, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
and drop into lemon juice and water. Set
In a small bowl, toss flour, baking powder, sugar
and cinnamon for topping until blended.
Using a fork, cut butter or margarine into dry
ingredients until crumbly. Set aside.
- Place butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and
milk for cake in a large mixing bowl. Use an
electric mixer on medium speed to blend
- Dump flour into mixing bowl and sprinkle
baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves
evenly over the top. Use electric mixer on
medium speed to blend dry ingredients thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a round cake pan with non-stick
- Pour cake batter into pan. Drain water
off apple slices and arrange them on the top of
the cake. Evenly distribute crumb mixture
over apple slices.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until a knife
inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out
- To remove the cake from the pan, allow to cool for 10 minutes,
place a dinner plate over the top of the cake
and invert. Place your cake dish over the
bottom of the cake and invert again.
Remove the dinner plate and replace any crumbs
that may have fallen off.