Change the Serving Size
1 cup long grain brown rice
1/4 cup wild rice
12 ounces canned salmon
4 green onions
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon spicy mustard
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 dash dried cilantro
1 dash red pepper flakes
4 side salads
1 spritz non-stick cooking spray
From kitchen to table in
- Fill a large saucepan with water and heat on high until boiling.
- Add brown rice to boiling water, reduce heat to medium and continue to boil gently for 20 minutes.
- Rinse rice well under hot water and drain. Refill saucepan with water and return to boiling. Add drained brown rice along with wild rice. Again, reduce heat to medium and continue boiling for another 30 minutes.
- When 15 minutes cooking time remains for the rice, drain salmon and remove the larger bones, set aside.
- Slice green onion and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat egg with Parmesan cheese, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar. Sprinkle in lemon pepper, dried cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Add salmon and green onions and stir to blend.
- Drain rice and stir into salmon.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour salmon mixture into dish and place in hot oven.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 20 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Serve with salad.