Directory of Dessert Recipes
1 spice cake mix (refer to package directions for additional ingredients)
1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
1 pound powdered sugar
24 walnut halves
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place paper baking cups in cupcake pans (makes 24 cupcakes).
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Blend chopped walnuts into cake batter with a spoon.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- Place in hot oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare frosting.
- Place cream cheese and butter or margarine in a mixing bowl. With electric
beaters, blend first on slow then medium speed until creamy. Continue mixing
while pouring powdered sugar into bowl. Blend completely.
- Spread frosting over the top of each cupcake. Place a walnut half on
top of each cupcake.