Tuna Mac and Cheese in a Saucepan
– by Jean Fisher
Grated cheese melts right into the cream of mushroom soup and butter making the smoothest mac and cheese accented with flaked tuna.
6 ounces elbow macaroni
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon butter
2 ounces onion
1 cup cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
3 ounces grated cheddar cheese
10 ounces tuna canned in water
4 side salads
From kitchen to table in
- Fill a saucepan 3/4 full with water and heat on high until boiling. Pour in macaroni, stir to separate and continue to cook on high until done (approximately 6 to 8 minutes). Stir ocassionally to keep macaroni from sticking to the pan.
- While macaroni cooks, melt butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Chop onion and add to pan. Cook and stir until onion is soft. Add cream of mushroom soup plus water and stir to mix.
- Blend grated cheese into soup and turn heat to low.
- When macaroni is done, drain and rinse. Add to cheese sauce and stir to blend.
- Drain tuna and lightly blend into mac and cheese. Serve with salad.
Nutritional information for Tuna Mac and Cheese in a Saucepan
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|