– by Jean Fisher
Make a classic tuna casserole with fetticune noodles, mushrooms, frozen peas and a cheesy topping.
8 ounces penne rigate 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon butter or margarine 4 ounces onion 12 fresh mushrooms 12 ounces tuna canned in water 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon cornstarch 4 ounces cream cheese 2 cups milk 1/4 cup frozen peas 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Browse the Recipe Directories
Complete Meal Recipes
|30 Minute Meals||Convenience Foods Recipes|
|Low-Carb Meals||Low-Fat Recipes|
|Lunch Ideas||Low-Sodium Meals|
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Filll a large pot with water and heat on high to boiling for pasta.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for two minutes. Add mushrooms and pepper and continue cooking until mushrooms are lightly caramelized and soft, stirring occasionally.
- While mushrooms are cooking, drain water from tuna into a small bowl. Whisk cornstarch into tuna water until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir cream cheese into skillet with mushrooms and onions until melted. Add milk and tuna water with dissolved cornstarch. Stirring, bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Mix in peas and tuna.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Stir into sauce to coat and then transfer to casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.