Trystons Hamburger Casserole
– by Jean Fisher
It couldn't be easier! The macaroni cooks while the hamburger casserole bakes. Top with mozzarella cheese and serve with soft breadsticks.
12 ounces lean ground beef
4 ounces onion
2 ounces green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce with garlic
1 cup water
1 cup elbow macaroni
1 cup sliced olives
4 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
4 brown and serve breadsticks
From kitchen to table in
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Stir often to break meat into small pieces.
- Chop onion, green bell pepper and garlic. Set aside. Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- When meat has browned, drain off the fat and return to the skillet. Add chopped vegetables and continue cooking over medium heat until onion is slightly transparent.
- Add spaghetti sauce, water, elbow macaroni and sliced olives. Stir to blend and pour into a casserole dish. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and cover the top with grated mozzarellla cheese. Replace in oven and continue baking.
- When the casserole goes into the oven for the second time place brown and serve breadsticks on a baking sheet and place in oven. Casserole will be ready to serve when the breadsticks are browned.
Nutritional information for Trystons Hamburger Casserole
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|