Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
– by Jean Fisher
Enjoy this tangy, sweet and sour meatloaf with mashed potatoes and seasoned green beans.
2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons ketchup
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/4 cup bread crumbs
4 teaspoons dry onion soup mix
1 dash pepper
12 ounces lean ground beef
2 tablespoons & 1 teaspoon sugar
4 teaspoons ketchup
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 pound potatoes
2 teaspoons milk
1 cup cannned green beans
2 tablespoons margarine
4 teaspoons Italian salad dressing
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, onion soup and pepper for meatloaf.
- Add ground beef and blend with a fork to evenly absorb mixture into the meat.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a loaf pan.
- Cover with foil and place in oven.
- Mix together sugar, ketchup and cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and dice. Place in a saucepan with a lid. Cover with water and heat to boiling.
- Cover saucepan and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork (20 to 30 minutes).
- Drain green beans and place in a saucepan with margarine, salad dressing, lemon juice and garlic. Heat over low heat until margarine is melted and beans are warm.
- Check meatloaf for doneness (I like mine crispy on the edges), drain off any excess fat, drizzle sugar mixture over the top and return to oven, uncovered.
- Drain water off potatoes, add milk and use an electric mixer to whip.
- Top mashed potatoes with butter or margarine, salt and pepper and serve with meatloaf and green beans.
Nutritional information for Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|