Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Chop with Herbed Tomatoes and Honey Flax Muffins
Make an impressive meal of stuffed pork tenderloin chop served with delicious herbed tomatoes and healthy honey flax muffins.
Nutritional Information for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Chop with Herbed Tomatoes and Honey Flax Muffins
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop parsley and thyme and mix together with bread crumbs and pepper in a bowl.
- Chop onion and sauté in butter or margarine until tender and add to bread crumb mixture.
- Blend in orange juice and milk and mix until crumbs form a clump.
- With a sharp knife, make a slit across the width of each
tenderloin chop being careful not to cut entirely through. (Cut so that the longest part of the tenderloin chop will fold over itself.)
- Press stuffing into the slit on the Tenderloin. Bring the ends of
tenderloin chop together in a fold and bind with cotton string.
- Place in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over top side. Pour enough water
into pan to just cover the bottom of the pan without reaching the level of the stuffing
- Place in oven and set timer for 15 minutes. When timer rings, start preparing muffins.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg until fluffy. Add olive oil and honey and blend.
- Dump flour on top of egg mixture and sprinkle baking powder evenly over flour. Using a fork,
blend baking powder into flour and then continue mixing all ingredients together.
- Stir in milk to form a batter. Then add flax seeds and mix again.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, fill muffin tins and place in hot oven.
- When muffins have been baking for 10 minutes, prepare tomatoes.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the top off tomato
and place in baking dish topside up.
- Dice garlic and onion and sauté in oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat. Mince parsley and thyme and stir into garlic and onions along with pepper.
- Spoon onion mixture on top tomato.
- Place in hot oven along with pork and muffins and bake until muffins are brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (approximately 10 minutes after tomatoes go into oven).
- Serve tomatoes with tenderloin chop and muffins.
Nutritional information for Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Chop with Herbed Tomatoes and Honey Flax Muffins
Calories from Fat: 266
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 29.5g
|Saturated Fat 7g
|Total Carbohydrates 77g
|Dietary Fiber 5g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs