Potatoes laced with crispy fried onions replace the pasta in this yummy ground beef lasagna casserole.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour.
lean ground beef
canned fried onions
mozzarella cheese slices
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Add pepper, oregano and tomato sauce, stir and simmer over low heat.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a saucepan and cover with water, heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes and then drain well.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Toss fried onions with potatoes. Layer half the potatoes and onions into the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with half the meat sauce.
- Whip together ricotta cheese and sour cream, spread half over meat mixture and then top with half the mozzarella cheese slices. Repeat layers.
- Bake in hot oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is crispy and edges of casserole are bubbly.