Bake a simple crust, sprinkle with dark chocolate candy bar, frozen pieces, cover with a brown sugar and egg white meringue and toast the peaks golden.
From kitchen to table in 1 hour.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
4 blocks dark chocolate candy bar, frozen
3 egg whites
1 cups brown sugar
- Place flour, sugar and butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl and mix with a pastry cutter or a fork until pebbly.
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees. Press crust evenly into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Slice frozen chocolate very thin. Spread evenly over crust.
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer until peaks begin to form. Slowly add sugar and continue to beat with mixer until stiff. Spread over chocolate and crust.
- Return to oven and bake until top of meringue is lightly golden. Serve warm or cold.
Search What's For Dinner?