Macaroni and Cheese with Ham, Applesauce Nut Muffins
A traditional favorite, Macaroni and Cheese, is delicious with ham. Serve with Lemon Broccoli and Applesauce Nut Muffins.
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour minutes.
Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Applesauce Oatmeal Nut Muffins
Recipe for muffins opens in a tiny new window
- In a saucepan, heat water on high.
- Meanwhile, dice ham and cheese into cubes.
- Add macaroni to boiling water. Cook on high until pasta
is tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a measuring beaker, mix milk, cornstarch and pepper.
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Spray an oven-proof baking
dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse macaroni and pour into the baking dish.
- Add ham and cheese to macaroni and then pour milk mixture
over the top.
- Put casserole into the oven, uncovered.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, olive oil, applesauce
and milk. Mix well.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Dump flour on top of batter and then sprinkle baking powder,
cinnamon and nutmeg evenly over the top.
- Using a fork, blend baking powder and spices into the
flour and then mix everything together.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, fill muffins tins. Place in
- Remove casserole from the oven and mix well. (The cheese
should be melted by now.) Return to oven.
- Set timer for 20 minutes.
- At the end of that time, chop broccoli and put it into
a saucepan with a lid. Add water and heat on medium high
until water is just beginning to boil.
- Cover tightly and reduce heat to lowest.
- After 5 minutes, turn off heat. Add margarine and stir
to melt. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.
- Serve with muffins and macaroni.