– by Jean Fisher
Potatoes laced with crispy fried onions replace the pasta in this yummy ground beef lasagna casserole.
4 ounces lean ground beef
1 dash pepper
1 dash oregano
1 cup tomato sauce
1 pound & 8 ounces potatoes
3/4 cup canned fried onions
4 ounces mozzarella cheese slices
2 ounces ricotta cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
From kitchen to table in
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Add pepper, oregano and tomato sauce, stir and simmer over low heat.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a saucepan and cover with water, heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes and then drain well.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Toss fried onions with potatoes. Layer half the potatoes and onions into the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with half the meat sauce.
- Whip together ricotta cheese and sour cream, spread half over meat mixture and then top with half the mozzarella cheese slices. Repeat layers.
- Bake in hot oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is crispy and edges of casserole are bubbly.
Nutritional information for Potato Lasagna
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|