Asian beef, vegetables and sauce served over boil-in-bag rice.
Nutritional Information for Mongolian Beef
From kitchen to table in
- Chop garlic and combine with smaller amount of soy sauce. Stir in smaller amount of cornstarch.
- Cut beef into strips and fold into soy sauce and garlic mixture. Stir to coat meat with sauce. Cover and set aside.
- Thinly slice carrots and place in a bowl of cold water. Cut green onions into slices including stems and set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full of water and heat on high until boiling.
- While water is heating, pour oil into a wok or skillet and turn heat on to medium. Place meat strips in oil and stir fry until browned.
- Drain and reserve water from carrots. Add carrots to wok and continue cooking over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a bowl, combine the water drained off the carrots, the larger amounts of soy sauce and cornstarch, sesame seeds, sugar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place bagged rice into boiling water and allow to boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add green onions to skillet and turn heat down to medium.
- Pour sauce made from water and soy sauce into skillet. Stir and continue cooking until thickened.
- Remove rice from boiling water with tongs, drain, cut open bag and pour rice into a serving dish.
- Pour beef and sauce over rice and serve.
Nutritional information for Mongolian Beef
Calories from Fat: 313.5
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 34.5g
|Saturated Fat 13g
|Total Carbohydrates 12g
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs