Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Browse the Recipe Directories
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 40 minutes.
canned pinto beans
Ranch salad dressing
white wine vinegar
red pepper flakes
shredded cheddar cheese
Grocery Shopping List for Iowa Tacos
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- Place in saucepan with tomato sauce, water, ricotta cheese,
Ranch salad dressing, white wine vinegar, red pepper flakes,
cilantro and cumin. Stir to mix.
- Heat covered over medium-low heat for 20 minutes. Stir
- After 20 minutes remove cover and continue cooking over
medium-low heat to thicken. Continue to stir often.
- Chop lettuce and onion. Set aside with shredded cheese.
- In a mixing bowl mix together sugar, egg and olive oil.
- In a large skillet (electric skillets work great) pour
enough olive oil to completely cover the bottom. Turn
heat on to medium high and heat oil.
- Pour flour, cornmeal and baking powder on top of sugar
and egg mixture. Using a fork, work the baking powder into
the flour and cornmeal. Stir vigorously to mix.
- Add milk and beat well.
- Give beans a stir.
- Pour batter into hot oil. Heat on one side until bubbles
burst and begin leaving small canyons or until brown on
- Turn with a pancake turner and brown other side.
- Remove from heat and top with thickened beans, lettuce,
onions and cheese.
Find more recipes in our free weekly newsletter
Should I spend the money to buy olive oil instead of less expensive vegetable oils?
Nutritional information for
made possible through the
use of the Living
I love the Living Cookbook!
Not only can you determine
the nutritional content of