Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Browse the Recipe Directories
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
canned pinto beans, drained
canned diced tomatoes, undrained
red pepper flakes
shredded cheddar cheese
non-stick cooking spray
Grocery Shopping List for Haystacks
- Heat water to boiling, add instant rice, cover and turn heat to the lowest setting.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tortilla into wedges. Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Arrange tortilla wedges on the cooking sheet and place in hot oven.
- Brown meat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Turn off burner, drain meat and return to skillet
- Turn off oven, but leave tortilla wedges inside.
- Check rice for doneness (rice is done when all the moisture has been absorbed).
- Drain and rinse pinto beans and add to meat in skillet. Turn burner on to medium.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, ketchup, red pepper flakes, cumin and cilantro.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve meat sauce over mounds of cooked rice. Top with grated cheese, sliced green onion and toasted tortilla wedges.
Find more recipes in our free weekly newsletter
Have you tried Iowa Tacos?
Nutritional information for
made possible through the
use of the Living
I love the Living Cookbook!
Not only can you determine
the nutritional content of