Hashbrown Casserole with Microwaved Vegetables
– by Jean Fisher
This favorite kid recipe is a favorite of mom and dad, too with a healthy side dish of broccoli, cauliflower and radishes.
1 pound potatoes 4 teaspoons margarine 1 ounce onion 2 ounces cheddar cheese 4 ounces ham 1/2 cup chicken broth 1/4 teaspoon pepper 4 ounces cauliflower 4 ounces broccoli 4 ounces radishes 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing 1/4 cup water 1 dash dill weed 1 dash pepper
Browse the Recipe Directories
Complete Meal Recipes
|30 Minute Meals||Convenience Foods Recipes|
|Low-Carb Meals||Low-Fat Recipes|
|Lunch Ideas||Low-Sodium Meals|
From kitchen to table in
- Microwave potato for 30 seconds per ounce. Immerse in a bowl of cold water when done.
- Put margarine in an oven-proof baking dish and place in oven at 350 degrees.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- Remove skin from potato and shred potato. Take baking dish out of the oven and put the shredded potatoes in with the melted margarine.
- Add onion and cheese, stir to mix.
- Dice ham and add to potatoes. Pour chicken broth over the top and sprinkle with pepper. Stir. Return dish to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- At the end of 30 minutes, prepare the vegetable medley. Continue baking casserole in the oven.
- Slice cauliflower, broccoli, and radishes. Place in a microwave-proof dish.
- Pour salad dressing and water over vegetables and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with dill weed and pepper. Microwave on high until vegetables are tender--2 to 3 minutes depending on microwave.
- Stir and serve with hashbrown casserole.
Nutritional information for Hashbrown Casserole with Microwaved Vegetables
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|