Change the Serving Size
2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 halibut steaks
1 tablespooon & 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
4 ounces onion
2 ounces green bell pepper
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
4 side salads
From kitchen to table in
- Combine lemon juice and salt in a glass container with a tight fitting lid. Add Halibut steak and shake to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour, shake and turn often.
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile chop onion and green peppers into strips. Add to saucepan, turn heat up to medium and saute for about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Turn oven on to 450 degrees. Place halibut steak in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and paprika over the halibut, peppers and onions and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bread crumbs look very crispy. (145 degrees with a food thermometer when tested in the thickest part of the steak.)
- Serve with salad.