Ground Beef Biscuit Pie
– by Jean Fisher
Ground beef and vegetables in gravy served in a crust made from a biscuit baking mix.
12 ounces ground beef 8 ounces potato 8 ounces onion 4 ounces cauliflower 2 stalks celery 1/2 cup corn kernels 2 cloves garlic 1/4 cup water 4 teaspoons flour 4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce 1/2 cup beef gravy 1/4 teaspoon basil 1/4 teaspoon oregano 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix 1/2 cup milk
Browse the Recipe Directories
Complete Meal Recipes
|30 Minute Meals||Convenience Foods Recipes|
|Low-Carb Meals||Low-Fat Recipes|
|Lunch Ideas||Low-Sodium Meals|
From kitchen to table in
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Do not drain.
- Peel and dice potato and add to skillet.
- Chop onion, cauliflower and celery and add to skillet.
- Drain corn and add to skillet.
- Crush and mince garlic and stir into skillet along with meat and vegetables.
- Whisk flour into water and worcestershire sauce and pour into skillet. Add beef gravy. Sprinkle basil and oregano on top. Turn heat up to medium high and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes).
- While filling simmers, make crust. Pour baking mix into a bowl, add milk and stir to mix. Knead into a soft dough.
- Separate dough into two equal balls. Roll out the first ball to fit the bottom of your baking dish. Pour filling into crust-lined baking dish.
- Turn oven on to 425 degrees. Use remaining biscuit dough to create a top crust and place over filling. Put casserole into oven and bake until pie crust is brown.
- Allow to stand for 3 to 5 minutes before cutting into slices.
Nutritional information for Ground Beef Biscuit Pie
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|