Subscribe to our free
What's For Dinner?
Change the Serving Size
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 dash garlic salt
1 dash pepper
8 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
1 pound potatoes
4 ears corn
1/2 cup canned or bottled chicken gravy
cooking oil, enough to cover chicken in the pan
From kitchen to table in
- Place flour, cornstarch, garlic powder and pepper in a
large plastic bag. Shake to mix well.
- In a pie pan combine soup and egg, mixing well. Dip chicken
in egg mixture and then shake in flour mixture.
- Set the coated chicken aside and allow to sit until it
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a saucepan
and cover with water.
- Heat to boiling then cover and reduce to lowest heat.
- Heat water on high in a large pan for corn.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Use enough
oil to cover chicken pieces.
- Test oil by dropping a piece of dough into it.
dough begins to fry immediately, the oil is ready.
- Fry chicken in oil for about 15 minutes each side, or until
cooked through and juices run clear.
- Test potatoes with a fork. If they are soft, drain off
water and put potatoes into a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Cook corn in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat gravy in a saucepan over medium heat
- Beat potatoes with electric mixer until smooth.
- Serve chicken with corn, potatoes and gravy.
How to Quickly and Easily Cut Up a Whole Chicken
Nutritional information for Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Calories from Fat: 272
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 30.5g
|Saturated Fat 6.5g
|Total Carbohydrates 91g
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs