Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Browse the Recipe Directories
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 20 minutes.
1/2 to 1 pound per serving before cooking
Glaze (Enough to glaze a large ham)
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 dash nutmeg
melted butter or margarine
grated orange peel
Stewed Pineapples and Applesauce
Grocery Shopping List for Easter Dinner
- Begin meal preparation according to the
roasting-time chart plus an additional half hour.
- Make glaze by combining pineapple juice, water, and mustard.
Stir in cornstarch and mix until dissolved. Add nutmeg and
- Place ham in a large roasting pan with a lid.
- Score ham by slicing into the skin with shallow crisscrossing
cuts. Insert a clove stud into each resulting diamond. Slowly
pour the glaze over, coating all parts of the ham.
- Cover and place in oven at 325 degrees.
- One hour before serving time, prepare
- Scrub and peel yams and cut into chunks. Place in a saucepan and cover
with water. Heat to boiling on high, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until yams are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place yams into dish.
- Mix together honey, melted butter or margarine, grated orange rind and orange juice.
Pour over yams. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven with ham.
- Make Stewed Pineapples and Applesauce by combining crushed
pineapple, applesauce, cinnamon and cloves and simmering
in a saucepan over low heat.
- Place dinner rolls on a baking sheet. Remove ham from
the oven and put in dinner rolls. Turn oven off.
- Transfer ham to a serving platter for slicing.
- Stir the glaze and pan drippings that remain in the roasting
pan. Add water, if necessary, until glaze reaches a desired consistency
for slaw dressing.
- Combine shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and snow peas.
Drizzle with ham glaze and top with slivered almonds.
- Everything is ready to serve! Happy Easter!
Find more recipes in our free weekly newsletter
Creamy Potato Soup with Ham
Nutritional information for
made possible through the
use of the Living
I love the Living Cookbook!
Not only can you determine
the nutritional content of