Chicken Soup with Biscuits
There's a wealth of health in this vegetable-packed, chicken soup. Accompanied by biscuits that bake up fluffy and tender.
Nutritional Information for Chicken Soup with Biscuits
From kitchen to table in
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a crockpot or saucepan with a lid.
- Scrub or peel carrots, dice and add to potatoes.
- Chop broccoli, onion, cauliflower and celery and add to pot. (If available, use celery hearts and include the leaves.)
- Add corn, garlic, and cooked chicken.
- Add water, chicken broth, tomato sauce,
salad dressing, salsa, red wine vinegar, and lime juice.
- Sprinkle seasonings over and stir.
- If using a crockpot, cook on high for 1 hour
and then low for another 2 hours or longer.
(Or on low for 4 hours or longer).
- If using a saucepan on the stovetop, cover
and heat to boiling. Then reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking for another
hour or more.
- 20 minutes before serving make biscuits. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Toss with a fork to mix baking
powder evenly into flour.
- Add margarine and use the fork to cut the margarine into the flour mixture.
- Add milk and form into a soft dough. A few drops more milk may be added if needed.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Turn the dough to coat both sides with flour
and pat down to 1/2 inch thickness
- Use a biscuit cutter and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden.
Nutritional information for Chicken Soup with Biscuits
Calories from Fat: 26
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 26g
|Saturated Fat 9g
|Total Carbohydrates 79.5g
|Dietary Fiber 6g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs