Chicken Pot Pie
Cook up a simple chicken pot pie using refrigerated biscuit dough and frozen vegetables.
Nutritional Information for Chicken Pot Pie
From kitchen to table in
- Make sauce by melting margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour
and cook on medium-low for one minute.
- Gradually add chicken broth. Using a whisk, mix broth into flour while gradually adding milk.
- Season with poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes stirring constantly. Turn heat to low and stir occasionally.
- Peel and dice potato and carrot. Add to filling simmering in the pot. Cover, turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Dice celery, add to filling. Add chicken to filling and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and peas. Turn to low and continue to cook uncovered. Stir occasionally.
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees.
- Roll biscuit dough very flat.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place one flattened biscuit onto baking sheet.
- Spoon filling onto one flattened biscuit. Lay other biscuit square on top. Seal with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining serving portions.
- Bake in oven on a baking sheet for 25 minutes.
Nutritional information for Chicken Pot Pie
Calories from Fat: 275.5
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 31g
|Saturated Fat 11g
|Total Carbohydrates 82g
|Dietary Fiber 4g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs