Blueberry Oatmeal Cakes
– by Jean Fisher
Make a delicious snack, dessert or breakfast by adding oatmeal and blueberries to an instant pancake mix.
2 cups complete pancake mix
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon margarine
From kitchen to table in
- In a mixing bowl, blend pancake mix and oatmeal. Beat in egg and cinnamon.
- Add milk and water and mix only to blend. Let batter sit for two minutes.
- Stir maple syrup into batter. Place margarine on griddle and heat to 300 degrees.
- Fold blueberries and walnuts into batter. Pour onto hot griddle to make 12 pancakes.
- Pancakes will be ready to turn when the bubbles appear in the batter on top and begin to pop to form craters. Second side will be brown in about 30 seconds.
Nutritional information for Blueberry Oatmeal Cakes
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|