Directory of Dessert Recipes
Makes 12 servings
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup milk
2 cups blackberries
6 cups apple slices
1/2 cup sugar
From kitchen to table in
- Place flour in a mixing bowl and sprinkle baking powder, sugar and cinnamon over the top. With a fork, blend baking powder into flour.
- Pour olive oil into mixing bowl and using fork, cut into the flour mixture until pebbly.
- Add milk and mix until a soft dough is formed. Divide into two balls.
- On a floured surface, press on of the balls of dough flat, turn to coat both sides and using a rollingpin, flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness. With a cookie cutter, cut out 12 cookies for the top crust of the cobbler. Set aside.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Spray a rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Work the dough that remains from the cookies into the other ball of dough until blended. Press into the bottom of the baking dish to create a bottom crust of about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a bowl, mix together blackberries, apple slices and sugar. Pour into bottom crust. Lay cookies on top of fruit filling in a 3 x 4 pattern. Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is medium-golden brown and filling is bubbly.