Black Bean and Rice Burrito
Avocado makes this easy bean and rice burrito a MUFA meal.
Nutritional Information for Black Bean and Rice Burrito
From kitchen to table in
- In a saucepan, heat water over high heat until boiling. Stir in rice and reduce heat to the lowest
setting. Cover and cook without lifting the lid for 45 minutes.
- When rice has been cooking for 20 minutes, drain and rinse beans and place in a saucepan.
- Peel avocado and dice. Add to beans. Dice tomatoes and add to beans. Turn burner on to medium-low under beans and cook while
stirring until avocado has blended with beans and tomato is soft.
- Crush and dice garlic and add to beans along with cumin and cilantro. Turn burner on to low and
simmer uncovered, stirring often.
- Shred cheese and dice green onion. Set them aside in the refrigerator.
- When rice has cooked for 45 minutes, remove lid and fluff rice with a fork to allow moisture to finish
absorbing. Pour rice into the saucepan with the beans. Stir to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon bean and rice filling into flour tortilla. Fold and place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Top with salsa and grated cheese and bake in oven until cheese melts. Serve with sliced green onions
Nutritional information for Black Bean and Rice Burrito
Calories from Fat: 118
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 13.5g
|Saturated Fat 4.5g
|Total Carbohydrates 54g
|Dietary Fiber 8g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs