– by Jean Fisher
Frozen stew vegetables and canned beef broth are perfect for whipping up everyones favorite comfort food, beef stew.
12 ounces lean stew beef
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound frozen stew vegetables
2 cups water
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 dash pepper
1 dash oregano
4 dinner rolls
From kitchen to table in
- Brown beef in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir often.
- Pour water and red wine vinegar into the skillet, stir until pan drippings have loosened from the pan. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add frozen vegetables to saucepan and turn heat on to medium.
- Dissolve cornstarch in beef broth and add to pan. Stir in frozen corn, pepper and oregano. Turn heat up to medium-high and heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve with dinner rolls.
Nutritional information for Beef Stew
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|