– by Jean Fisher
Savory ground beef rolled into a pie crust shell and baked. Serve your empanadas topped with sour cream alongside a crisp salad
12 ounces lean ground beef 4 ounces onion 1 jalapeno pepper 2 cloves garlic 1 dash pepper 1 dash oregano 2 cups flour 6 tablespoons butter or margarine 1/2 cup cold water 2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons sour cream 4 teaspoons salsa 4 side salads
Browse the Recipe Directories
Complete Meal Recipes
|30 Minute Meals||Convenience Foods Recipes|
|Low-Carb Meals||Low-Fat Recipes|
|Lunch Ideas||Low-Sodium Meals|
From kitchen to table in
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently. Drain off fat and return to pan.
- Dice onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic and add to skillet. Sprinkle in pepper and oregano. Stir and turn burner on to medium-low.
- While vegetables are simmering with the ground beef, make crust. Cut margarine into flour until pebbly. Add cold water and stir to mix. Do not overmix. Use your hands to shape dough into a ball.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about 1/8 of an inch thick. Using a 4 inch circular cutter (we used a glass bowl), cut out circles.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon beef filling onto one half of each dough circle. Fold over and seal the edges with a fork. Place on baking sheet and into oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Mix sour cream and salsa together as a dipping sauce for your empanadas and enjoy them with a salad.
Nutritional information for Beef Empanadas
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|