Beans and Greens Salad with Ginger-Lime Dressing
– by Jean Fisher
Make a ginger-lime dressing to pour over a salad of beans and salad greens. Serve with focaccia bread from the bakery.
4 teaspoons olive oil
4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
1 dash pepper
4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
4 cups salad greens
2 ounces cucumber
16 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup canned kidney beans
1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans
4 teaspoons sunflower seeds
8 slices foccacia bread
Browse the Recipe Directories
Complete Meal Recipes
|30 Minute Meals||Convenience Foods Recipes|
|Low-Carb Meals||Low-Fat Recipes|
|Lunch Ideas||Low-Sodium Meals|
From kitchen to table in
- Mix together all ingredients for dressing except for
garlic. Place in a covered container and refrigerate.
- Arrange salad greens. Slice cucumber and mushroom and
add to salad along with tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse canned beans and add to salad.
- Crush garlic and then chop finely. Add to
- Shake dressing well and pour over salad and toss to mix. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over salad.
- Serve with focaccia bread.
Nutritional information for Beans and Greens Salad with Ginger-Lime Dressing
|% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs|