Change the Serving Size
2 pounds canned pinto beans
1/4 cup salsa
2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup ketchup
1 dash cumin
1 dash cilantro
1/4 cup water
8 flour tortillas
4 ounces tomatoes
6 ounces lettuce
4 ounces green bell pepper
4 ounces onion
4 ounces cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons olive oil
From kitchen to table in
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- In a saucepan, combine pinto beans, salsa, ranch
dressing, ketchup, cumin and cilantro.
- Mix together and add water. Heat to boiling over medium-high
heat. Turn to low and continue cooking until reduced to
a thick consistency. (For softer beans, turn heat to lowest
setting, cover and cook for 1 to 2
hours. Check and stir occasionally
and add water
- Chop tomato, lettuce, green pepper and
onion. Grate cheese.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until
begins to smoke.
- Reduce heat to medium and place tortillas in skillet.
- When brown on one side, flip tortillas and reduce heat
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top. Cover to
- Top toasted tortilla with beans and vegetables.