Change the Serving Size
1 pound canned black beans
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 dash pepper
4 flour tortillas
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
4 ounces tomato
4 ounces red onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 pound zucchini
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
1 spritz non-stick cooking spray
From kitchen to table in
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a mixing bowl, mash beans and add mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper. Stir until blended.
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Set aside with grated cheese.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly brush tortilla with water and place on the baking sheet.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees.
- Spoon bean mixture over half of the tortilla. Top with cheese, tomatoes, onion,
and cilantro. Fold the tortilla in half
- Place in hot oven.
- Slice zucchini into fingers and place in a shallow dish or pie pan.
- In a small bowl, beat egg well and then pour over zucchini slices. Turn to coat.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet and turn heat on to medium-high.
- Turn off oven, but leave quesadilla inside.
- Put Italian bread crumbs in a plastic bag. Place egg-coated zucchini slices into the plastic bag
and shake to coat.
- Transfer the zucchini fingers to the hot oil in the skillet.
- Cook until one side is brown and then turn and brown other side.
- Serve with crispy quesadillas.