Baked Black Beans and Rice
Black beans and rice baked in the oven with a crunchy, cheesy topping.
Nutritional Information for Baked Black Beans and Rice
From kitchen to table in
- Heat vegetable broth in a saucepan on high until
boiling. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer
for 45 minutes without lifting the lid.
- At the end of the 45 minutes cooking time for the rice,
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse black beans and place in a mixing bowl
along with undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, sour
cream and half the shredded cheese. Add rice and stir to
- Spray a casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour
rice and bean mixture into casserole.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle over the top of the
casserole. Spread remaining shredded cheese evenly over
- Return oven and bake for 20 minutes more or until all
of the moisture has been absorbed and the top is golden
Nutritional information for Baked Black Beans and Rice
Calories from Fat: 183
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 20.5g
|Saturated Fat 10.5g
|Total Carbohydrates 65g
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower
depending on your calorie needs